DAAD In-region Full Masters and PhD Scholarships At ACMS: Applications are currently invited from nationals of sub-Saharan African countries for the DAAD Full Masters and PhD Scholarships at ACMS 2022 to study in South Africa.
The African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) at the University of the Witwatersrand is seeking applications for MA and PhD scholarships offered by DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) as part of its ‘In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa’. Full scholarships are available for Four MA and Five PhD students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programme at ACMS in 2022.
Scholarships to be taken at: ACMS, University of the Witwatersrand.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Scholarship Worth: Full funding (amount not stated).
Subject Eligibility: Programmes offered by the centre
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Sub-Saharan Africans
DAAD Full Masters and PhD Scholarships at ACMS 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
For the pre-selection, ACMS will use the following eligibility criteria. Applicants:
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa);
- Must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- MA applicants must have an Honours degree or equivalent with a total aggregate mark of at least 65%;
- PhD applicants must have an MA degree with a total aggregate mark of at least 70%;
- Must have been accepted to study for MA/PhD in Migration and Displacement at ACMS
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants should email all queries and application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Applications should include:
- A cover letter summarising qualifications, professional experience and reasons for interest in the Migration and Displacement programme;
- A complete CV;
- Copies of transcripts and degree certificates;
- SAQA evaluation (for foreign qualifications);
- A short research proposal (1500 words maximum) outlining the proposed research project;
- A writing sample of not more than 10,000 words (e.g., a chapter; article; term paper).
- Proof of admission or application for admission at Wits/ACMS
DAAD will make the final decisions and administer the scholarships. ACMS is in charge of the first phase of the application process, which involves pre-selecting and shortlisting candidates. ACMS will submit the shortlist to DAAD for the second phase of the application process and final decisions.
Application deadline: 30 April 2021 ((pre-selection). Late applications will not be considered.