Barcelona GSE Scholarships otherwise known as Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarship is a fully covered master’s scholarship for international students who want to study in Spain. This funding opportunity provides the recipient with waivers covering up to 100% of tuition fees and also a limited number of fully-funded scholarships.
Candidates who get an offer of admission to the Barcelona GSE must have shown their potential to thrive in our rigorous, thorough Master’s programs. The most talented applicants also get a financial offer that funds entire or portion of their tuition fees.
This merit-based funding emanates from generous public and private benefactors as well as the Barcelona GSE’s own resources. Barcelona GSE Scholarships offers monetary assistance based on academic excellence. The program will provide waivers for 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% of tuition costs with a limited number of completely-funded scholarships. Monetary assistance will only be granted to applicants who have an exceptional academic record.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, often referred to as Barcelona GSE, is an independent research and academic institution. The university offers a range of master’s degrees in Economics, Finance, and Data Science.
- Study Level: Masters
- Institution(s): Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Country: Barcelona, Spain
- Deadline: January 15th, 2021 / July 9th, 2021
- Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance
- Economics Program
- Finance Program
- Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Competition and Market Regulation Program
- Economics of Public Policy Program
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Program
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program
- Master’s Degree in Data Science
- Data Science Program
Benefits of Barcelona GSE Scholarships
The beneficiaries of Barcelona GSE Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- Provide waivers for 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% of tuition fees
- Teaching Assistantships
- A limited amount of completely-funded scholarships
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility for Barcelona GSE Scholarships
To be eligible for Barcelona GSE Scholarships, applicants must satisfy the conditions below:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Nations: Foreign students from developing nations
- Applicants should hold an undergraduate/bachelor/grado/laurea, or equivalent degree from a recognized college or university (for Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS are required).
- A typical applicant should have a University Diploma in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Business Administration.
- Proficient in English language: TOEFL score of 90 or better / IELTS Academic Test score of 6.5 or better
- Not compulsory but highly recommended:
- GRE General Test
- Meeting all the application conditions does not guarantee admission. Applicants will also be assessed on the following admission conditions:
- Exceptional academic record
- Quantitative skills
- Reference letters
How to Apply for Barcelona GSE Scholarships
To apply for Barcelona GSE Scholarships, please follow the following guidelines below:
(1) Prepare your application materials:
- Undergraduate transcripts: If you don’t possess an official transcript at the time of applying, you may upload an unofficial copy. Though, all accepted students must submit official transcripts during course registration in September, before the academic year starts.
- Undergraduate diploma: If an individual is applying before having finished their undergraduate program, they will have to upload a signed letter affirming that they commit to graduating before they start their master’s program at the Barcelona GSE.
- Photocopy of passport.
- CV (maximum of 2 pages)
- Statement of purpose (maximum of 700 words)
- Evidence of English language proficiency: Excluding those that are a native English speaker or have done their undergraduate degree at an English-speaking university. Applicants who are not native English speakers will provide TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge scores or certificates. If not yet in possession of your certificate, we advise you wait to apply until you can satisfy this requirement with the documents required.
- Optional but highly recommended: GRE General Test scores:
- Two reference letters, comprising:
- Intellectual ability
- Research abilities/experience
- Motivation to face challenges
- Capacity to work in groups
- Ability to succeed in new environment
(2) Complete the online application form: You will have the option to list up to three programs, in order of your preference.
(3) You can submit only one application, with up to three program choices, each academic year.
(4) There is an application fee of 60€ (non-refundable).
(5) You will get your admission decision and any monetary assistance offer in 4-6 weeks (if seats are still available in your program)
To inquire further about Barcelona GSE Scholarships, please visit the Official Website.